Classic sausage dressing with Savage Jerky Herb Blend
- 1 Loaf country white bread or other hearty bread, cut into 1in cubes
- 1lb ground sausage
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 Large yellow onion, finely diced
- 5 Celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/4 Cup fresh sage, minced
- 2 Tbsp Savage Jerky Herb Blend
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 2-4 cups chicken stock or freshly made turkey stock
Pre-heat oven to 200º, add bread to a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and salt. Bake for 1-1/2 hours, or until bread is crispy.
While bread is drying, head a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage until well browned and set aside, reserving any sausage fat collected in the pan. Add sausage fat and butter back to pan and sauté onion and celery over medium heat until onion is translucent, and celery is softened. Add Savage Jerky herb blend and sage, sauté for two minutes more.
Combine vegetable mixture with sausage, mix well. In a large bowl add bread, eggs and sausage mixture. Add stock, 1 cup at a time, until bread is very moist, but still retains texture and shape. Add to a well-buttered casserole and bake at 400º for 20 minutes covered. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.