Savage Spooky Carolina Reaper Chili
A chili recipe for the most frightening Halloween gatherings, we blend our house Spice Rub, Carolina Reaper beef jerky and fresh superhot peppers for a delicious chili that's fit for the scariest spice freaks!
- 1lb. hot Italian sausage, ground
- 1lb. lean ground beef, or venison
- 1 package Savage Jerky Carolina Reaper beef jerky
- (2) 12oz cans chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 10oz can Rotel brand tomatoes, with habaneros
- 16oz beef broth
- 1 beer of your choice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Savage Jerky Spice Rub
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 large jalapenos, diced
- 2 habaneros, diced
- 1 Carolina Reaper pepper, diced (optional - EXTREMELY spicy)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL, AND NOT WITHOUT DEBATE: Beans
In a large pot or dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat, add vegetable oil. Sautee onion and fresh peppers, cooking until onion is just translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for an additional minute.
Add tomato paste and cook for an additional minute. Add sausage and ground beef (or vension), brown until cooked through, stirring frequently. Combine remaining ingredients, stirring to combine, reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 30-45 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve with crackers, sour cream, cheese, etc.